- This event has passed.
FOOD GEEKS TRAVEL: UC DAVIS
June 25, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm PDT
The Mixing Bowl, in conjunction with the World Food Center at UC Davis, organized “Food Geeks Travel: UC Davis” the day after our FOOD IT conference to expose our friends to some of UC Davis’ cutting-edge research on a variety of topics. This was an opportunity to see firsthand the future of ag and food science and technology in search of market-changing applications.
- Toured Russell Ranch, the 100-Year Sustainable Agriculture Study
- Heard overviews on the work of leading UC Davis scientists on a variety of food science topics:
- Bio & Ag Engineering & Energy Efficiency by Chris Simmons
- Microbiome, Food Science & Technology by Bruce German
- Metabolmonics & Nutrition by Carolyn Slupsky
- Hydrology by Jan Hopmans
- Plant Genetics by Siobhan Brady
- Food Safety by Bart Weimer
- Roger Beachy, Director of the World Food Center
- Toured the Mondavi Institute for Wine & Food Science to learn topics such as fermentation and dairy processing.
- Learned about the newly launched Innovation Institute for Food & Health
- Enjoyed a delicious lunch with local wine and olive oil tasting on the UC Davis campus