- This event has passed.
FOOD & AG GEEKS TRAVEL: SILICON VALLEY/SF
June 21, 2015 - June 26, 2015
These were multiple food & agriculture themed events scheduled between the dates of June 21-26. Ticket options included any combination of these events and a “Whole Week” option.
Food & Agro Innovation Trip to Silicon Valley
Organized visits to Silicon Valley technology and innovation companies with focus on how IT and Silicon Valley-type innovation can be applied to food and agriculture.
Sunday, June 21:
- Kick-off Dinner @ the Netherlands Consulate in San Francisco
- Venture trends in Agriculture & Food industries
- Will Rosenzweig, Managing Partner at Physic Ventures and Dean, The Food Business School
- Rob Trice, Better Food Ventures
Monday, June 22:
- Future Outlook: Seeds of Disruption, “How technology is remaking the future of Food
- Devin Fidler, Research Director, Institute for the Future
- Rajnish Khanna, Entrepreneur Plant Biology & Microbiology, Carnegie Institution for Science, Stanford
- Internet of Everything (IoE): IoE vision, trends, and how it will impact all industries. Deep-dive into IoE business implications in Logistics, Agriculture, and Food
- Joel Barbier, Director, Internet Business Solutions Group, Cisco
- Company Visits:
- IndieBio, Good Eggs, 6SensorLab
- Panel and discussion on Silicon Valley Innovation mindset and collaborating with start-ups
- San Francisco Food Dining Experience at SOMA Streetfood Park
Tuesday, June 23
- Big Data, predictive analytics and the cloud, and their impact on Agriculture, smarter Food, and Disease
- Simone Bianco, Department of Industrial and Applied Genomics, IBM Almaden Research Center
- Panel and discussion on “”Role and impact of Social Media in food and agriculture”
- Daniel Graf, ex VP Twitter
- Jenna Zimmerman, Writer and culinary producer
- Company Visits:
- Mattson (independent developer of new products for food and beverage industries)
- Impossible Foods (new generation of meats and cheeses made entirely from plants)
- Private evening event: Start-up pitches and networking with Food & Agriculture investors
The week continued with the following events…
Food IT 2015: Macro to Micro Conference (Food IT)
Wednesday, June 24
The Mixing Bowl and Stanford’s FEED Collaborative, organized the second annual Food IT conference at Stanford bringing together Food/Ag-focused start-ups, venture capitalists, IT innovators, and small/mid/large food and agricultural sector players. Click here to learn more about the FOOD IT: Macro to Micro Conference.
Food & Agro Geeks Travel to UC Davis
Thursday, June 25
Following the Food IT conference on June 24th, The Mixing Bowl organized a Food Geeks Travel tour to UC Davis. Learn more about this tour here.
Design Lab Workshop
Friday, June 26
This was a facilitated design workshop to reflect on and synthesize the inspirations and learnings from the week. Guests were encouraged to build prototypes, stories, and action items to take home, discuss and design collaborations and future joint projects.