- This event has passed.
FORBES MIXING BOWL NYC
March 21, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm PDT
A Discussion of Technology’s Role in
“Changing Food and Farming at Scale” & “The Fight for the Fork”
FORBES MIXING BOWL NYC will explore how information technology can be harnessed to solve challenges in food and agriculture. Thought leaders, innovators, executives, and investors in food, agriculture, and technology will gather at Forbes on Fifth to engage in substantive dialogue on the role of technology in “changing food & farming at scale” and the “fight for the fork”.
From the artisanal food producer to the largest farming operation, there are a variety of technologies that are improving the performance of food producers at all scale. Even a small farming operation selling via a CSA and a farmers market may be using software for logistics, customer management and payment. At the opposite end of the spectrum, large CPG manufacturers are needing to “de-scale” mass manufacturing and marketing approaches to account for subgroups of consumers with various tastes and media habits. What new roles are technology playing at operations at different scale in food and agriculture and how is technology enabling operations to change the scale at which they operate?
Via different media – from traditional media to social networks, shopping and delivery apps, and even AI-based smart agents – consumers are receiving more information regarding the food they should consume. Information technologies – from wearable devices to nutritional apps – are also capable of conveying information on the health impact of consuming certain foods. How are these different information technologies changing the purchase and consumption habits of food consumers and are they leading to greater food literacy and healthful outcomes?
The exploration of these themes and interaction of participants from all aspects of our food system will create a more substantial engagement that will unearth new insights and foster new forms of uncommon collaboration through moderated discussions, a start-up pitch competition, interactive-themed breakout sessions, and a networking reception.
A Taste of Community Participants
- Seats are limited. Register here!
- Business casual attire (all ties will be confiscated at the door)
- Light breakfast and lunch will be served with cocktail reception to follow events of the day
- The event will be filmed and/or photographed
- Check out the social feed from the 2016 MIXING BOWL NYC here
- Tickets must be purchased in Advance.
- Cancellation policy: Registration fee will be fully refunded if Forbes and The Mixing Bowl receive notification on or before March 6, 2017 that the registered attendee will not attend
- Contact: email@example.com
– To be a FORBES MIXING BOWL NYC sponsor
– For media passes