FOOD IT: The Full Stack
June 26, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PDT
Catch a glimpse of last year’s event here!
This year we will be discussing the full stack. No, not a full stack of pancakes (although we did feature a pancake robot last year) or a stack of hay. Instead we will be discussing the full stack digital development of the Food & Ag industry. Food — from production to consumption — is seen by many as one of the last big industries yet to be digitized. Ripe with low-hanging fruit, there are many challenges in the food system that IT should be able to pick off.
The tech sector has long used various schema of layers to help define the necessary components of a “full stack solution” to bring to market. Often illustrated like a multi-layered cake, these layers may refer to elements like physical transport, data linking, security, applications, user interface and user experience (UI/UE).
FOOD IT: “The Full Stack” will utilize the tech developers’ full stack model to assess the current digitization of food and agriculture and identify short-term “sprint” developments to overcome impasse. The event will utilize four distinct elements to explore the progress of this development effort:
A Taste of Past FOOD IT Community Participants
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be a Full Stack Sponsor
- Apply for the Blender Start-up Pitch Competition
- To exhibit in the Innovation Marketplace
- The event will be filmed and/or photographed, and press and media may be present
- Cancellation policy: Registration fee will be fully refunded if The Mixing Bowl receives notification on or before June 12, 2018 that the registered attendee will not attend