FOOD IT: The Full Stack
June 26 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm PDT
Mission Bay Conference Center @ UCSF
1675 Owens Street | San Francisco, CA 94158
Our fifth annual FOOD IT will gather food and ag thought leaders, start-ups, key industry players, investors and representatives from leading global food and agriculture innovation hubs to discuss Food & AgTech challenges and solutions in an innovative and interactive forum.
Catch a glimpse of last year’s event here!
This year we will be discussing the full stack. No, not a full stack of pancakes (although we did feature a pancake robot last year) or a stack of hay. Instead we will be discussing the full stack digital development of the Food & Ag industry. Food — from production to consumption — is seen by many as one of the last big industries yet to be digitized. Ripe with low-hanging fruit, there are many challenges in the food system that IT should be able to pick off.
The tech sector has long used various schema of layers to help define the necessary components of a “full stack solution” to bring to market. Often illustrated like a multi-layered cake, these layers may refer to elements like physical transport, data linking, security, applications, user interface and user experience (UI/UE).
FOOD IT: “The Full Stack” will utilize the tech developers’ full stack model to assess the current digitization of food and agriculture and identify short-term “sprint” developments to overcome impasse. The event will utilize four distinct elements to explore the progress of this development effort:
2. The Blender Start-up Pitch Competition with a select group of Food/AgTech startups, once again pitch to seasoned venture capitalists, vying to win the “Golden Blender Award”
3. Deep Dive Interactive Breakout Session providing participants the opportunity to take a deep dive together for collaborative discussions of timely topics related to food, agriculture and technology
4. Innovation Marketplace with innovators giving demonstrations of products, services and programs
A TASTE OF PAST FOOD IT COMMUNITY PARTICIPANTS
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided, and a networking reception with coffee and sweets will cap off the day
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be a Full Stack Sponsor
- Apply for the Blender Start-up Pitch Competition
- To exhibit in the Innovation Marketplace
- The event will be filmed and/or photographed, and press and media may be present
- Cancellation policy: Registration fee will be fully refunded if The Mixing Bowl receives notification on or before June 12, 2018 that the registered attendee will not attend
Videos and photos from past FOOD IT events can be found here!